Group 1 (add to heavy-bottomed pan)
- 2T ghee
- 1T olive oil
Group 2 (add to small glass dish)
- 1T crushed coriander
- 1T crushed cumin
- 1t whole cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1t cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your heat tolerance)
- 2 whole cinammon sticks
Group 3 (large cereal bowl should suffice)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1″ fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 pieces chicken +-1 kg
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 cub chicken stock
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1T salt
Group 7 (optional)
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Get pan up to low heat, add Group 1 and melt
- Add Group 2, and cook for about a minute, until fragrant
- Turn heat up to medium, add Group 3. Fry until softened (about 3 min.)
- Turn heat up to high and add Group 4. Coat well in mixture and brown for about 5 min.
- Add Group 5 and stir well.
- Add Group 6 and simmer for about 30 min. on low to medium heat.
- Serve. Garnish with Group 7 if available / desired.