Ingredients, in order of use, and grouped where it doesnʼt matter if they are mixed together – no need to make 20 containers dirty for preparation.
- 1,5 kg oxtail
roughly 1 t salt for seasoning
roughly 1 t pepper for seasoning
roughly 1 T olive oil for sauté mode
- 1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T butter
2 T flour
- 2 T tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
2 bay leaves
a few sprigs of rosemary
1/2 tsb dried thyme
1 T salt
1 T pepper
- 1 kg potatoes, halved
3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 T fresh coriander
- Season oxtail liberally with salt and pepper. Set pressure cooker on ‘brown’ or ’saute’ mode, and brown oxtail on all sides. Should take about 10 minutes. Remove from cooker and set aside.
- Add chopped onions, minced garlic, sauté for 3-5 minutes until golden brown / translucent and softened.
- Add the butter and flour and mix to a roux to thicken the meal. Cook this for another 2 min.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Put Group 1. and Group 5. into the cooker (oxtail & broth, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper). Stir, then cook for 60 minutes on High.
- After steam is released, skim off excess fat, add potatoes and carrots. Cook for another 15 minutes on High.
- Once served, garnish with coriander.